Do you realize we are living in an online world. Every day we are more connected and we see more and more advertisements. So why not start an online business? You don’t know how? Here we give you an idea where to start.
Once you have your market and product, you have to start to develop your website. Remember to keep it simple. You have fewer than five seconds to grab someone's attention—otherwise your potential clients will be gone and won't be back again. Some important tips to keep in mind:
- Choose one or two plain fonts on a white background.
- Make your navigation clear and simple and the same on every page.
- Only use graphics, audio or video if they enhance your message.
- Make it easy to buy, no more than two clicks between potential customer and checkout.
- Your website is your online storefront, so make it customer-friendly.
- Offer interactive features that promote user-engagement.
Your domain is your unique address on the Internet. There are numerous registrars (companies that register domains) online where you can purchase your domain. Some registrars even offer "free" domains with a hosting package or another purchase. While many of these are legitimate, be sure to confirm that the domain is registered in your name. If the domain is registered in the registrar´s name it may be difficult, if not impossible, to switch to another hosting company without losing your domain.
Social media marketing has become an essential ingredient of any successful Internet marketing strategy today. Think beyond a basic social presence and put an effort to take your social media marketing to the next level.
- Use multiple social channels to expand your reach. Think carefully which one is right for your business.
- Improve your posting strategy: Post daily and keep an active community.
- Use consistent branding across social profiles.
- Share quality content from several sources, not just your own site.
- Engage actively with users using open-ended posts, polls, engaging campaigns, run contests and promotions, reply to comments, retweet, like or share other users´ content.
- Try social commerce i.e. selling products on your Facebook Page.
Similar to the traditional marketplace, online businesses cannot be successful without customers. For online businesses, these customers come in the form of site visitors or viewers. Generating the highest amount of traffic possible on your website will create the highest chance that those visitors will become customers. Register with search engines and use keywords that will drive the most traffic to your site
Once you have a database, start with an Email Newsletter, Collection of clients and prospects´ emails (and other contact information) is critical to the growth of every online business. However, a large and growing list is only valuable when useful and relevant information is sent on a regular basis to these individuals. The goal of an email list is to turn prospects into clients and clients into ambassadors for your company/product (remember that E-mail marketing is cheaper and more effective than print, TV or radio because it's highly targeted).
You have to deliver what you sell, on budget and on time. Don't forget to add the cost of shipping to your prices.
After-sales support: How will you handle returns? What should you upsell? Support is the difference between a one-time sale and creating a customer for life.
Other Business Considerations:
In addition to the specific online considerations, you’ll need to consider:
- Taxation, Banking, Licensing and trademarks, Legal business structure, Business location and Product warehousing.